We are seeking graduate or post-graduate trainees for our Manchester office to work towards the qualifications of Chartered Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney.
In addition to patents, you will also have the opportunity to become involved in other aspects of intellectual property, such as trade marks, designs and copyright.
Patent attorneys require a scientific/engineering background to be able to understand and protect ideas and inventions across a wide range of industries, and so candidates for this role must have a scientific academic background.
We are interested in candidates with at least a 2:1 honours degree in Physics, Engineering or a related discipline, who are based in or keen to relocate permanently to Manchester.
The candidate we are looking for will also:
- Have excellent communication skills, particularly in writing
- Be highly organised and have very good attention to detail
- Have strong analytical skills and the confidence to defend the reasoning behind their opinion
- Be motivated and ready to put in the effort required to obtain the challenging professional qualifications – which usually takes around 5 years
- Be based in or around Manchester
In return, we are offering:
- A fascinating and rewarding career
- A competitive salary (plus bonus and pension)
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays. Additional holidays are accrued with service
- Flexible working
- Full training, involving day to day mentoring and structured in-house training (delivered both in person and via video conferencing) supplemented by external courses and tutorials
- Examination support and study leave
The expected start date for this role is September/October 2022 so is open to students who may be graduating this year.Apply now for this role