Forresters is a leading full service intellectual property firm with an international client base. We have offices located in London, Birmingham, Liverpool and Munich. Since being established in 1884, we have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite our long history we are a young firm with a fresh approach to our clients’ requirements. We are rated as one of the leading intellectual property firms in the UK.
The successful candidate will join Forresters’ thriving Technology and Engineering group in its London office, and will train in handling all aspects of patents and registered designs. The candidate will assist in protecting inventions in a wide range of technical fields, including mechanical and civil engineering, medical devices, laboratory diagnostic equipment, consumer goods and electrical and telecommunications inventions. On-the-job training will be given by partners and other fully qualified senior attorneys, as well as through external training courses. The aim is for the candidate to become a fully-qualified UK and European patent attorney.
- A good degree (or equivalent) in areas such as mechanical, electrical or materials engineering, physics, electronics or telecommunications is required.
- You must be capable of working both independently and as part of a team, have organisational skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You must possess a commitment to quality and attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Very competitive salary.
- A pleasant and friendly working environment.
- Flexible working – core hours.
- Additional 6 flexi days off in lieu.
- 35 hour week.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Health Cash plan.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season Ticket Loan.
- Mutual pension contribution of up to 5%.
Apply by email to Kate Minda with a CV and covering letter using the link below. Please state in the cover letter your salary expectations and confirm if you have a permanent right to live and work in the UK.