Forresters is a leading full service intellectual property firm with an international client base. We have offices located in London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Munich and Southampton. Since being established in 1884, we have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite our long history we are a young firm with a fresh approach to our clients’ requirements. We are rated as one of the leading intellectual property firms in the UK.
The successful candidates will join Forresters’ thriving Patent groups in our Birmingham office, and will train in handling all aspects of patents and registered designs. The candidates will assist in protecting inventions across a wide variety of technologies.
On-the-job training will be given by partners and other fully qualified senior attorneys, as well as through external training courses. The aim is for the candidates to become fully-qualified UK and European patent attorneys.
- A 2:1 degree or above in an engineering discipline is required, but other degrees in related subjects will also be considered.
- You must be capable of working both independently and as part of a team, have organisational skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You must possess a commitment to quality and attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- You should possess a good understanding of mechanical inventions.
Start date: Autumn 2021
- Very competitive salary
- A pleasant, supportive and friendly working environment
- Smart casual dress code with dress down Fridays
- Flexible working – core hours
- 35 hour week
- 28 days of annual leave in addition to bank holidays, increasing up to one day for every completed holiday year up to a maximum of 31 days.
- Life Assurance cover
- Business Travel Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
After successful completion of probationary period:
- Health Cash plan
- Season Ticket Loan
- Mutual pension contribution of up to 5%
- Private Medical Insurance.
Forresters are an Equal Opportunities employer and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity in the IP profession, which is why we have signed up to the IP Inclusive Charter.
To apply, please send your CV and short cover letter by 31st December 2020. Please state in the cover letter your salary expectations and confirm that you have a permanent right to work in the UK.
Please strictly no agencies