Forresters IP LLP is a leading full service intellectual property firm with an international client base. We have offices located in Birmingham, Liverpool, London, Munich and Southampton. Since being established in 1884, we have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite our long history we are a young firm with a fresh approach to our clients’ requirements and employee career progression. We are rated as one of the leading intellectual property firms in the UK.
We are recruiting for two Associates to join our thriving Patent department in our Birmingham office. The successful candidate will handle all aspects of protecting inventions and registered designs and, additionally, provide advice and opinions to clients on a range of issues, including freedom to operate.
The Birmingham office practice spans a wide range of fields, including household appliances, Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), medical devices, mechanical engineering, electronics, materials, chemistry, and software. We recognise that candidates are unlikely to have the ability to handle all such subject-matter areas, although the ability to practice in a range of areas would be an advantage.
- Qualified or newly qualified UK and/or European Patent Attorney – with a background in engineering, electronics, physics, or software; a chemist with experience in engineering would also be considered.
- Willingness to work in a range of technology areas would be an advantage.
- Strong client care skills and ability to offer no-nonsense advice to clients.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, have organisational skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Great commitment to quality and attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
The job description is not an exhaustive list of all the tasks, and the role might include additional duties commensurate with this position.
Start date: To be mutually agreed
- Very competitive salary
- A pleasant, supportive and friendly working environment
- Smart casual dress code with dress down Fridays
- Flexible working – core hours
- 35 hour week
- 31 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Life Assurance cover
- Business Travel Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
After successful completion of probationary period
- Health Cash plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Mutual pension contribution of up to 5%
Forresters are an Equal Opportunities employer and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity in the IP profession, which is why we have signed up to the IP Inclusive Charter.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter by the 27th March 2020. Please state in the cover letter your salary expectations and confirm if you have a permanent right to live and work in the UK.Apply now for this role