Biotechnology Patent Attorney – Finalist or Qualified
£60,000 – £90,000 + excellent benefits package
London base + agile working model
This highly reputable, progressive and outward-looking Tier 1 firm is looking for a Finalist or Qualified Patent Attorney (CPA/EPA) in Life Sciences/Biotechnology to join an established and friendly team of like-minded Attorneys. Their culture is very team-oriented and they pride themselves on the transparency of staff careers, so turnover is extremely low by industry standards.
As a Biotechnology Patent Attorney, you will be part of a particularly agile firm where client care is at the centre of every decision. Their business model is commercially oriented, so you’ll be encouraged to take a hands-on approach when managing clients. They offer a fulfilling and meritocratic career path alongside long term benefits to include flexible working model, annual bonuses, private healthcare and a generous holiday entitlement.
* Using your already established drafting and prosecuting skills, you will also be encouraged to exercise your strong written and communication skills liaising with a high percentage of direct clients
* You will have the opportunity to work on some truly pioneering technologies within the Life Sciences/Biotechnology sector
* Working on an established range of client portfolios to include global blue-chip organisations and SME’s, you will have the chance to take ownership with direct clients on their IP strategy
* You will also be encouraged to get involved with business development and marketing initiatives to foster relationships with new commercial opportunities.
* You’re currently an Associate level (or a progressive Technical Assistant) with either previous private practice or industry experience.
* Holding a 1st class honours degree in a Biochemistry/Biology or Life Sciences related subject, you should already feel comfortable working with a range of bio-tech and chemistry related technologies.
* You should have already gained experience of drafting and prosecution in your current role, and enjoy honing your contentious IP skills too
* You will already have had exposure in working with corporate, SME and University clients, so your ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders will be much sought after.
* An ability to recognise the commercial objectives of clients with their respective IP filing strategies will also be advantageous.
If you are looking for a genuinely inspiring and innovative firm that invests in your individual career, then click the apply button now!