We are currently seeking a highly motivated part qualified Patent Attorney specialising in Biotechnology for our highly respected, tier one ranked client. This is a great opportunity to progress within your career whilst earning a market leading salary and having a great work/life balance. If successful, you will work closely with some of the senior attorneys to assist in providing strategic Intellectual Property advice to the firm’s diverse client base. You will also have the opportunity to work on cutting edge biotechnology inventions, engaging with inventors, conducting patent searches, drafting patent applications and assisting in patent prosecution.
- Collaborate with senior attorneys to develop and execute intellectual property strategies for clients in the biotechnology sector.
- Conduct patent searches and analyse prior art to assess patentability and infringement risks.
- Draft high-quality patent applications and respond to office actions.
- Assist in patent prosecution, including preparing responses to official communications from patent offices.
- Conduct intellectual property due diligence and assist in IP portfolio management.
- Stay updated with current trends and advancements in biotechnology and patent laws.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or a related field.
- Part-qualified as a Patent Attorney or in the process of completing qualification.
- Strong understanding of biotechnology and life sciences technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional analytical and research abilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Prior experience in patent drafting and prosecution is a plus.
- Competitive salary package with opportunities for performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans, and vacation leave.
- Ongoing professional development and training programs.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Exposure to a diverse range of clients and innovative technologies.