An Internationally renowned and leading IP firm has recently initiated a search for an “IP Paralegal” position. Our client is recognised and respected for its expertise and success in handling complex intellectual property matters on a global scale. The firm boasts a team of exceptional IP attorneys and specialists who are widely regarded as experts in their respective fields. Their in-depth knowledge, combined with years of experience, enables the firm to provide strategic and innovative solutions to even the most challenging IP cases.
This opportunity has arisen due to an exceptional surge in growth, meaning our client is seeking a highly motivated IP Paralegal to provide effective support to the fee earners. Within this position, you will see yourself working closely with fee earners and covering a wide range of tasks. You will be reporting to the Head of IP Support and work within a team of experienced Paralegals. This role offers a split of work across patent and trade mark matters.
- Working closely with fee earners and supporting their delivery of top tier IP Services to clients
- Managing takeover of client portfolios
- National Phasing of PCT Applications
- Get involved with direct client contact
- Responsibility for various non-technical stages of prosecuting patent/trade mark/design applications
- Helping undertake due diligence/legal research
- Preparing and checking client portfolio reports. And once checked, forwarding to clients
- Preparing, processing, and checking Trade Mark/Patent forms from the UKIPO, EUIPO and WIPO Registries
- Filing design applications online at UKIPO, EUIPO and WIPO
- Previous experience within an IP Support Staff role is essential
- Able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise your own work load is also essential
- Able to work flexible hours
- A degree is preferable
- CIPA/CITMA/EPAC qualification is desirable.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, and Excel