We are seeking a graduate or post-graduate trainee for our Birmingham office to work towards the qualifications of Chartered Patent Attorney, European Patent Attorney and Chartered Trade Mark Attorney.
The role will be patent-focused, with priority given to qualification as a patent attorney, but the successful candidate will also be expected to qualify as a trade mark attorney in due course.
Patent attorneys require a scientific/engineering background to be able to understand and protect ideas and inventions across a wide range of industries, and so candidates for this role must have a scientific academic background.
We are interested in candidates with at least a 2:1 honours degree in Chemistry or Life Sciences, and we are particularly interested in candidates with a technical background which includes both Chemistry and Life Sciences elements.
The candidate we are looking for will also:
- Have excellent communication skills, particularly in writing
- Be highly organised and have very good attention to detail
- Have strong analytical skills and the confidence to defend the reasoning behind their opinion
- Be motivated and ready to put in the effort required to obtain the challenging professional qualifications – which usually takes around 5 years
- Be based in or around the West Midlands
In return, we are offering:
- A fascinating and rewarding career
- A competitive salary (plus bonus and pension)
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays. Additional holidays are accrued with service
- Full training, involving day to day mentoring and structured in-house training (delivered both in person and via video conferencing) supplemented by external courses and tutorials
- Examination support and study leave
To apply for this role, click the link below or call Ben Appleton on 0121 236 1038 to discuss this position in confidence.Apply now for this role