We are seeking a graduate or post-graduate trainee for our Birmingham office to work towards the qualifications of Chartered Patent Attorney, European Patent Attorney and Chartered Trade Mark Attorney.
The role will be patent-focused, with priority given to qualification as a patent attorney, but the successful candidate will also be expected to qualify as a trade mark attorney in due course.
Patent attorneys require a scientific/engineering background to be able to understand and protect ideas and inventions across a wide range of industries, and so candidates for this role must have a scientific academic background.
We are interested in candidates with at least a 2:1 honours degree in Chemistry or Life Sciences, and we are particularly interested in candidates with a technical background which includes both Chemistry and Life Sciences elements.
The candidate we are looking for will also:
- Have excellent communication skills, particularly in writing
- Be highly organised and have very good attention to detail
- Have strong analytical skills and the confidence to defend the reasoning behind their opinion
- Be motivated and ready to put in the effort required to obtain the challenging professional qualifications – which usually takes around 5 years
- Be based in or around the West Midlands
In return, we are offering:
- A fascinating and rewarding career
- A competitive salary (plus bonus and pension)
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays. Additional holidays are accrued with service
- Full training, involving day to day mentoring and structured in-house training (delivered both in person and via video conferencing) supplemented by external courses and tutorials
- Examination support and study leave
To apply for this role, click the link below or call Ben Appleton on 0121 236 1038 to discuss this position in confidence.