Harrison Goddard Foote (HGF) is one of the largest and fastest growing, full service intellectual property firms in the UK and has a rare opportunity for a graduate to train and qualify as a Chartered Patent Attorney within its prestigious Engineering Group.
The Patent Attorney Role
Patent Attorneys advise clients on protecting their highly valuable inventions. They write complex documents which require an in-depth understanding of their technical specialism and a deep knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations, which vary across the world.
This role is based in our Aberdeen office working in a team of qualified Patent Attorneys. This is an interesting, intellectually demanding, rigorous profession where the work is fascinating, the profession highly respected and the legal qualifications lengthy and tough. HGF provides fully supported training leading to Chartered Patent Attorney qualification.
HGF has a competitive salary structure plus an excellent benefits package including bonus, pension and 25 days holiday.
The person HGF is seeking will:
· either have, or be expecting to gain this year, a 2:1 or higher honours degree in a technical subject such as Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Geology; other technical degrees will be considered;
· have a broad interest in science and technology;
· have Highers at grade B or above in science, maths or business subjects.
The successful candidate must also be:
· highly accurate with excellent written and oral communication;
· keen to continuously learn and develop their knowledge;
· socially confident and flexible in attitude and approach;
· able to enjoy an intellectually demanding and often pressured environment
How to Apply
Please click on the ‘apply now’ button to email your CV with a letter to our HR Director stating why you want to become a Patent Attorney. Please state reference ICAbdEng.