We have a rare opportunity for an engineering graduate to train and qualify as a Chartered Patent Attorney at our Manchester Office.
The person we are seeking will have:
* At least a 2:1 in one of the following areas of engineering: Aerospace Engineering, Automatic Systems and Control Engineering, Civil and Structural Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering and Mechanical Engineering;
* a broad interest in science and technology
* A level maths, physics and chemistry
The successful candidate must be:
* highly accurate and literate
* keen to continuously learn and develop their knowledge
* socially confident
* able to enjoy an intellectually demanding environment
Competitive salary, increasing significantly with qualification. Plus bonus and excellent benefits.
The Patent Attorney Role
Patent Attorneys provide technical solutions and write complex patent documents which legally protect their client’s highly valuable inventions; this requires an in-depth understanding of their technical specialism, and an equally deep knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulatory requirements which vary according to the country of registration.
This is an exceptional opportunity to enter this rewarding and interesting profession and to join the highly skilled team of Engineer Attorneys in our Manchester office. HGF is a progressive firm with an open and non-hierarchical structure. We encourage our trainees to be involved with clients from an early stage and provide excellent support for trainees to gain qualification.
To apply,please click on the ‘apply now’ button to send your CV with a letter stating why you want to become a Patent Attorney. Please state reference ENGMANC