HGF is one of the fastest growing, full-service intellectual property firms in the UK and currently has a rare opportunity for two Chemistry graduates to train and qualify as Chartered Patent Attorneys within its prestigious Chemistry Group.
These opportunities are based in HGF’s Leeds office, working in teams of qualified Chemistry Patent Attorneys. This is an intellectually demanding, rigorous profession where the work is fascinating, the profession is highly respected and the legal qualifications are lengthy and tough. HGF provides fully supported training leading to Chartered Patent Attorney qualifications.
The Patent Attorney Role
Patent Attorneys provide technical solutions and write complex patent documents which legally protect their client’s highly valuable inventions; this requires an in-depth understanding of their technical specialism, and an equally deep knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulatory requirements which vary according to the country of registration.
CVs must include GCSE and A level subjects and grades
Competitive salary, increasing significantly with qualification, plus bonus and excellent benefits, including pension and 25 days holiday.
HGF is seeking candidates who:
- possess a 2:1 or higher in Chemistry from a Russell Group University;
- A PHD is not required but would be advantageous;
- have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- are socially confident and flexible in attitude and approach;
- are able to operate in an intellectually demanding and often pressured environment;
- are team players.