G2 Legal are currently working in partnership with a tier 1 ranked Intellectual Property firm, we are aiding them in their search to find an associate level Biotechnology Patent Attorney. This firm is well renowned for their great work life balance, you will see yourself getting involved with a high amount of client contact (much higher than the industry standard), a good balance of drafting, prosecution, opposition and appeal work, in addition to this you will also get the opportunity to work with more than one partner.
Our client also gives you the chance to work with some of the most innovative and exciting companies such as Amgen, Johnson & Johnson and Janssen along with SME’s and universities. A very flexible remote working scheme is also in place which means that if the successful candidate for this role lives too far from the office, they will only have to commute in one day a week.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Conducting patentability searches to evaluate the patentability of new inventions in the biotech field.
- Drafting patent applications, including detailed descriptions of inventions and claims for protection
- Reviewing and analysing prior art and other relevant information to prepare responses to Office Actions and other correspondence from the Patent Office
- Advising clients on the patentability of their inventions, patent strategy, and patent prosecution
- Managing patent portfolios and assisting with patent prosecution and maintenance
- Conducting freedom-to-operate analyses to assess the potential risk of infringing third-party patents.
- Providing legal support in patent disputes, including drafting legal briefs, and participating in litigation
- Strong Analytical Skills: Ability to analyse complex scientific and legal issues and provide strategic guidance to clients.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate complex scientific and legal concepts to clients and stakeholders.
- Attention to Detail: Strong attention to detail to draft and review patent applications and other legal documents with accuracy and precision.
- Team Player: Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Business Acumen: Understanding of the business implications of patent strategy and the ability to advise clients on the impact of patent decisions on their business objectives.
- European & UK qualified is preferred however finals standard candidates will also be considered