We have an excellent opportunity for a IP Secretary to join our Litigation and Licensing team based in our London office.
Potter Clarkson LLP is one of the leading pan-European Intellectual Property law firms, with seven offices across the UK, Denmark, Sweden and Germany.
We offer clients a full IP service to support them in achieving their commercial objectives. We pride ourselves in the exceptional level of client care offered by our approachable and engaged team.
We have over 90 patent and trade mark professionals and 10 IP solicitors, who are expertly assisted by over 130 support staff and state of the art IT infrastructure.
The firm is consistently ranked in the top tier of major legal guides, such as Legal 500 and MIP. We also hold three independent ISO accreditations which evidence our high level of environmental awareness, service provision and information security.
We are committed to promoting a healthy work-life balance, and supporting the wellbeing of all our people. We offer a wealth of health and wellbeing benefits and resources including healthcare, attractive flexible working options, sports and social groups, virtual mindfulness sessions, a virtual wellbeing hub, mental health first aiders, and a busy social calendar.
If you have previous experience as a secretary and can demonstrate strong organisational skills and attention to detail, then this is a superb role in which to develop your career. This is an opportunity to work within a supportive environment with opportunities for progression whilst providing a vital service within a top tier Intellectual Property firm.
- Assisting with the preparation and dispatch of correspondence, including the preparation of correspondence from dictation.
- Managing incoming correspondence.
- Monitoring case details and deadlines using the firm’s records management software.
- Managing case files and associated documents, including the management of electronic records.
- Planning and arranging travel and accommodation.
- Liaising with fee earning staff to ensure high levels of client care.
- Providing general assistance to members of fee earning staff and other support staff.
- In the absence of the office manager, providing cover in reception, to welcome visitors to the London office, including;
- Assisting clients with refreshments and lunches and cleaning and maintaining the coffee machine;
- Assisting with organising, setting up and hosting for large events;
- Keeping fee earners informed of arrival of visitors and clients;
- Assisting with incoming and outgoing post and courier deliveries; and
- Assisting with booking of meeting rooms.
- Demonstrable experience in law firm/professional services environment.
- Previous experience as a secretary with a fast typing speed.
- GCSE in maths and English grade C and above (or equivalent).
- Ability to work to exacting standards and within tight deadlines.
- The ability to manage and prioritise your own workload.
- Self-motivated, with a desire to ‘own’ tasks and responsibilities.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a proactive, personable approach.
- Strong IT skills with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Being receptive and open to learning new skills and acquiring an understanding of the industry.
- Being process driven and organised, to excel at meeting deadlines when working within a busy team environment.
- An ability to work well under pressure.
- Existing knowledge of intellectual property
- Secretarial related qualifications
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays.
- A generous company pension scheme.
- Healthcare package.
- Birthday leave.
- Flexible working policy.
- Travel loan scheme.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Purchase of extra holiday scheme.
- Regular company away days & social events.
We are committed to providing a highly supportive, inclusive and stimulating workplace for all our people.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply