We are looking for an experienced candidate to provide professional support to patent fee earners in the Life Sciences / Chemistry team. Applicants for this role must be CIPA Paralegal qualified and have the proof of right to work on-going in the UK, this is not a sponsored role. Reporting to a Partner, the successful candidate will have responsibility for managing at least one significant client relationship. The role holder will work closely with other Paralegals and members of Professional Support to ensure that deadlines are met and that fee earners have the support that they need to be effective.
Job responsibilities can be expected to include the following:
- Instructing overseas associates for patent and design filings and responses
- Preparing cost estimates
- Reporting filing, prosecution and grant communications to clients, and providing draft reporting for fee earner approval and completion
- Use of IP management systems for Keltie (Inprotech) and clients, including report generation
- Use of document management system (iManage), including document filing and recovery
- Client portfolio management, including report generation, client billing and liaison with client attorneys and administrators
- Addressing formal drawings issues, including commission and review
- Developing office processes and workflows to meet specific client.
- Conducting or participating in due diligence
- Conducting assignment and change of name projects
- Preparation of Powers of Attorney and Assignments for new filings
- Ensuring legal requirements are met for filings, including obtaining legalised and notarised documents.
- Diary management including deadline monitoring
- Invoicing and billing, which may include use of electronic billing processes
- Reviewing post and sending reminders
- Responding to general client queries
- Shared responsibility of the team mailbox where you will manage and action incoming emails
- Document proofing and limited copy typing.
Candidate knowledge and experience:
- Candidates to have a CIPA IP Paralegal qualification, or be well on track towards this qualification
- Excellent organisational and time management skills are required, together with the ability to work accurately and at pace under pressure
- The role requires the ability to work both autonomously and proactively in a team
- Candidates must be able to communicate (written and oral) effectively, feeling comfortable in client-facing communications and in working with fee earners to ensure that work is carried out in a timely and effective way to meet client requirements.
- Experience with electronic records and billing systems (particularly Inprotech, Lecorpio and Serengeti) would be an advantage.
- Candidate demonstrates preparedness to work additional hours from time to time to ensure that deadlines are met.
Why join us?
Keltie is an exceptional IP firm with a reputation for providing excellent client service to a range of small, medium and large clients around the world. Chambers and Partners ranks Keltie among Britain’s top ranked patent and trade mark firms and we are one of the fastest-growing IP firms in the UK, with offices in London, Cambridge, The Cotswolds and Ireland.
You must be CIPA Paralegal qualified. This position is not eligible for sponsorship and proof of right to work on-going in the UK is requirement for this role.
Interested? If so, please get in touch and tell us why you think we should meet. Please send your CV with a covering letter including your salary expectations.