If you are thinking of a career as a patent attorney and possess a minimum of a 2:1 Degree in physics then we want to hear from you. For more information about joining HLK in September 2020 read on.
Who are we?
We secure intellectual property rights for prominent companies as well as highly creative start-up businesses. Our clients include many well-known household and industrial names and are at the forefront of technological development in the electronics, engineering, chemical and biotechnology sectors.
At the core of the job is the preparation of patent applications on behalf of clients. This involves understanding an invention, distilling it down to its key features and then writing a very clear and broad-based description of it, such that a Patent Examiner will be persuaded to grant a patent. Around that core skill, a Patent Attorney will be called upon to advise clients on all aspects of patent procedures, on international patent protection and on effective patent strategies.
What makes a good patent attorney?
- A strong physics background to at least 2:1 degree level.
- An interest in and enthusiasm for science and technology.
- Good communication skills that can be adapted for clients from a wide variety of educational and commercial backgrounds.
- The ability to make confident judgement calls based on information provided
- A good eye for detail and accuracy.
What makes this an interesting career?
- The opportunity to apply your science degree to a wide cross-section of clients and technologies.
- Continuing intellectual challenge – you never stop learning.
- Excellent career opportunities and financial rewards.
- The international aspects of work providing ample opportunity to travel.
At HLK our trainees are mentored by an experienced Partner and receive unparalleled training through the HLK Academy. We invest in your growth and maintain flat hierarchies within the firm which offer great conditions for your continuing personal development. Above all we offer a supportive and friendly environment conducive to your growth.
The deadline to apply for this role is Sunday 23 February 2020.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply