Forresters IP LLP is a leading full service intellectual property firm with an international client base. We have offices located in Birmingham, Liverpool, London, Munich and Southampton. Since being established in 1884, we have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite our long history we are a young firm with a fresh approach to our clients’ requirements and employee career progression. We are rated as one of the leading intellectual property firms in the UK. Our London presence has just been relocated to new offices in the Gherkin.
We have a strong trade mark team with a proactive approach to portfolio protection and maintenance, with expertise in all areas. We handle all aspects of establishment, use, registration, maintenance and enforcement of trade marks.
The successful candidate will join Forresters’ thriving trade mark practice in our Birmingham or London office, and will train in handling all aspects of trade mark practice. On-the-job training will be given by partners and other fully qualified senior attorneys, as well as through external training courses. The aim is for the candidate to become a fully-qualified trade mark attorney and remain in Forresters thereafter.
The job description is not an exhaustive list of all the tasks and the role might include additional duties associated with running of the trade mark department.
- You must possess at least a 2:1 degree or above in any subject, which can include technical or scientific degrees. Law degree is not mandatory for this post.
- You must be capable of working both independently and as part of a team, have good organisational and analytical skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You must possess a commitment to quality and attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
This is an opportunity to play an important role in a successful department, and career advancement prospects are excellent for the right candidate.
Start date: Immediate, however notice periods will be considered for the right candidate.
- Very competitive salary
- A pleasant, supportive and friendly working environment
- Smart casual dress code with dress down Fridays
- Flexible working – core hours
- 35 hour week
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance cover
- Business Travel Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mutual pension contribution of up to 5%
After successful completion of probationary period
- Health Cash plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
Forresters is an Equal Opportunities employer and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity in the IP profession, which is why we have signed up to the IP Inclusive Charter.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter by the 11th June 2021. Please state in the cover letter your salary expectations and confirm if you have a permanent right to live and work in the UK.
Please strictly no agencies.Apply now for this role