Forresters IP LLP is a leading full service intellectual property firm with an international client base. We have offices located in Birmingham, Liverpool, London and Munich. Since being established in 1884, we have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite our long history we are a modern firm with a fresh approach to our clients’ requirements and employee career progression. We are rated as one of the leading intellectual property firms in the UK.
We are looking to recruit a Trainee Patent Attorney to join our friendly team in either our Birmingham, Liverpool, or London office. If successful, you will join Forresters’ thriving Life Sciences group and will train in handling all aspects of patents and registered designs. You will assist in protecting inventions across a wide range of fields, including all areas of biological and medical sciences, such as molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
On-the-job training will be given by partners and other fully qualified senior attorneys, as well as through external training courses, in order for you to become a fully-qualified UK and European Patent Attorney.
- You must have a 2:1 degree or above in one of the subjects named above, but other degrees in related subjects will also be considered.
- You must be capable of working both independently and as part of a team, have organisational skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You must possess a commitment to quality and attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Start date: Autumn 2024
- Very competitive salary
- A pleasant, supportive and friendly working environment
- Flexible working – core hours and hybrid working
- 35 hour week
- 28 days of annual leave in addition to bank holidays, increasing by one day with each complete year’s service, to a maximum of 31 days.
- Life assurance cover
- Business travel insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Mutual pension contribution of up to 5%
- Smart casual dress code
- ‘Giving Something Back’ – a paid day off once a year to volunteer at a charity of your choice
- Discounted gym membership
- Access to our ‘Benefits Hub’ which provides discount codes or money back on different websites
- Social events
After successful completion of probationary period
- Health cash plan
- Season ticket loan
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
Our culture is very supportive and friendly; we have monthly lunches that serve as an opportunity to get together and strengthen our ‘one team’ value. Our employee led and established Equality and Diversity Group have been instrumental in bringing about some wonderful initiatives and we are proud of the work they have been doing. By joining us you will be encouraged to develop as an individual and be valued for the skills you bring.
Forresters are an Equal Opportunities employer and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity in the IP profession, which is why we have signed up to the IP Inclusive Charter.
To apply, please send your CV and a short cover letter by 31st October 2023.
It is essential you state in the covering letter:
- Your chosen office location i.e., where you are reasonably able to commute to (Birmingham, Liverpool or London). No relocation package will be offered.
- Whether you are able to prove you have the right to work in the UK.
Please note that we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date in the event that we receive sufficient applications. If you haven’t heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, and we wish you well in your job search.
Please strictly no agencies