Forresters IP LLP is a leading full service intellectual property firm with an international client base. We have offices located in Birmingham, Liverpool, London and Munich. Since being established in 1884, we have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite our long history we are a young firm with a fresh approach to our clients’ requirements and employee career progression. We are rated as one of the leading intellectual property firms in the UK.
As a result of continued growth, we are expanding our Inprotech technical team and are looking for a Senior Inprotech Developer to support all our offices. For the majority of the time, you will be based from one of our UK offices and once established, you will be able to enjoy the benefit of hybrid working.
This is an exciting opportunity for career and technical progression and doesn’t just include working on Inprotech; even though the majority of our projects have some form of connection to Inprotech.
We are looking for an experienced individual who has a broad/in-depth knowledge of the following Inprotech modules:
- Cases, names, countries, control program, case windows
- Policing requests and policing server
- Doc production, doc/data items, letter maintenance
- CPA interface (not a requirement if you’re firm doesn’t engage with CPA)
- Word template creation/maintenance (some experience in this area would be a bonus)
Understanding how to create and use existing events within all the control program modules is a “must have” requirement.
Also, a technical SQL background is not essential; but having some previous exposure to SQL would advantageous.
Key tasks and responsibilities.
- Assist Records Systems Manager in day-to-day duties, including troubleshooting and Inprotech maintenance
- Working in the back end of Inprotech
- Supporting users
- Maintaining and creating new workflows
- Document Forresters’ Inprotech processes
We have built an extensive set of workflows and capitalise on numerous tools built outside of Inprotech, that access and push data back into Inprotech. You would be working on a variety of these existing tools and future projects.
This is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities, and you would have the opportunity to gain further training and ‘hands on’ experience in all the above areas and beyond.
It is essential that you can work independently and as part of a team. This role has a high degree of autonomy, but you will also be involved in many projects working with different departments and teams across all Forresters’ offices.
- An attractive and competitive salary based on experience
- A pleasant, supportive and friendly working environment
- Core hours
- 35 hour week (hybrid working)
- 26 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays (increasing with service up to 31 days)
- Life Assurance cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- ‘Giving Something Back’ a paid day off once a year to volunteer at a charity of your choice.
- Mutual pension contribution of up to 5%
- Access to our Benefits Hub which provides discount codes or money back on thousands of different websites, from travel to food and many more.
After successful completion of probationary period:
- Health Cash plan
- Season Ticket Loan
Our culture is very supportive and friendly; we have monthly lunches that serve as an opportunity to get together and strengthen our ‘one team’ value. Our employee led and established Equality and Diversity Group have been instrumental in bringing about some wonderful initiatives and we are proud of the work they have been doing. By joining us you will be encouraged to develop as an individual and be valued for the skills you bring.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity in the IP profession, which is why we have signed up to the IP Inclusive Charter.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter by 28 February 2023. Please state in the cover letter your salary expectation, preferred office location and if you have the right to work in the UK.
Please strictly no agencies.