Forresters IP LLP is a leading full service intellectual property firm with an international client base. We have offices located in Birmingham, Liverpool, London and Munich. Since being established in 1884, we have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite our long history we are a modern firm with a fresh approach to our clients’ requirements. We are rated as one of the leading intellectual property firms in the UK.
About the role:
We are recruiting for an Associate to join our thriving technology patent department in either our Birmingham, Liverpool, or London offices.
We appreciate that making a lateral move to another practice may be daunting, so we will be on hand to help answer any questions you may have during the early stages of the recruitment process. If invited to interview, you will be welcomed to our offices so you can get a true feel for our culture, values and what working at Forresters is all about. If you join us, we will support your development through collaborative working with our experienced Partners and Associates.
Our Technology and Engineering team supports a varied client base in terms of size, subject matter and geographical location. We have practices which span a wide range of fields, including household appliances, Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), cleantech related technologies, medical devices, mechanical engineering, electronics, materials, and software. Your work will be varied and interesting, allowing you to handle all aspects of client advice. This will range from protecting inventions and product designs, to advising clients on their freedom to operate during product development cycles.
- You must be a qualified UK and/or European Patent Attorney – with a background in engineering, electronics, physics, software, or a related scientific subject.
- You will possess strong client care skills and the ability to offer no-nonsense advice to clients.
- You will be capable of working both independently and as part of a team, have organisational skills and excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as a willingness to work across a range of technologies.
- You must have a commitment to quality and attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- You will demonstrate commercial awareness and the desire to develop our patent business.
The job description is not an exhaustive list of all the tasks, and the role might include additional duties commensurate with this position.
Start date: To be mutually agreed.
- Very competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- A pleasant, supportive and friendly working environment that encourages a healthy work life balance
- Flexible working – core hours and hybrid working
- 35 hour working week
- 28 days of annual leave in addition to bank holidays, increasing by one day with each complete year’s service, to a maximum of 31 days.
- Life assurance cover
- Business travel insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Mutual pension contribution of up to 5%
- Smart casual dress code
- ‘Giving Something Back’ – a paid day off once a year to volunteer at a charity of your choice
- Discounted gym membership
- Access to our ‘Benefits Hub’ which provides discount codes or money back on different websites
- Social events – annual company away day, Christmas party and more
After successful completion of probationary period
- Health cash plan
- Season ticket loan
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
Our culture is very supportive and friendly; we have monthly lunches that serve as an opportunity to get together and strengthen our ‘one team’ value. Our employee led and established Equality and Diversity Group have been instrumental in bringing about some wonderful initiatives and we are proud of the work they have been doing. By joining us you will be encouraged to develop as an individual and be valued for the skills you bring.
To apply, please send your CV and a short cover letter.
It is essential you state in the covering letter:
- Your chosen office location i.e., where you are reasonably able to commute to (Birmingham, Liverpool or London). Please note, no relocation package will be offered.
- Whether you can prove you have the right to work in the UK.
Please note that we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date in the event that we receive sufficient applications. If you haven’t heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, and we wish you well in your job search.
Forresters are an Equal Opportunities employer and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity in the IP profession, which is why we have signed up to the IP Inclusive Charter.
Please strictly no agencies