Forresters IP LLP is a leading full service intellectual property firm with an international client base. We have offices located in Birmingham, Liverpool, London and Munich. Since being established in 1884, we have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite our long history we are a modern firm with a fresh approach to our clients’ requirements and employee career progression. We are rated as one of the leading intellectual property firms in the UK.
As a result of continued growth, we are expanding our technical team and are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer. The successful candidate could be located near our Birmingham, Liverpool or London office. This is a full-time, permanent role.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify business requirements, data sources and reporting requirements
- Utilise SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) to design and generate standardised and ad-hoc reports
- Utilise Power BI to deliver interactive, visually appealing reports and dashboards
- Provide user training and support to maximise the value of BI tools and reports
- Involvement in specification, design, and implementation of a data warehousing solution
- Write ETL processes to continually extract, transform and load data into a data warehouse
- Write technical documentation
- Offer support to our users for our developed solutions.
This is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on projects within the above areas and beyond.
Essential skills required for this role
- Strong SQL skillset
- Power BI
- Basic Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience in implementation and operation of data warehousing
- .NET (VB.NET or C#)
It is essential that the successful candidate has the ability to work independently and as part of a team. This role has a high degree of autonomy, but you will also be involved in many projects working with different departments and teams across all Forresters’ offices.
- An attractive and competitive salary based on experience
- A pleasant, supportive and friendly working environment
- Flexible working – core hours and hybrid working
- 35 hour week
- 26 days annual leave, increasing by one day with each complete year’s service, to a maximum of 31 days, in addition to bank holidays
- Life Assurance cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mutual pension contribution of up to 5%
- Smart casual dress code
- ‘Giving Something Back’ – a paid day off once a year to volunteer at a charity of your choice
- Discounted gym membership
- Access to our ‘Benefits Hub’ which provides discount codes or money back on different websites
- Social events
After successful completion of probationary period:
- Health Cash plan
- Season Ticket Loan
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
Our culture is very supportive and friendly; we have monthly lunches that serve as an opportunity to get together and strengthen our ‘one team’ value. Our employee led and established Equality and Diversity Group have been instrumental in bringing about some wonderful initiatives and we are proud of the work they have been doing. By joining us you will be encouraged to develop as an individual and be valued for the skills you bring.
Forresters is an Equal Opportunities employer and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity in the IP profession, which is why we have signed up to the IP Inclusive Charter.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter by 22nd September 2023.
Two mandatory pieces of information to include in your application:
- state in the cover letter your salary expectation
- if you have the right to work in the UK.
Please note that we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date in the event that we receive sufficient applications. If you haven’t heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, and we wish you well in your job search.