Withers & Rogers is one of Europe’s largest dedicated intellectual property law firms with offices in London, Bristol, Leamington Spa, Sheffield, and Munich. Our Electronics, Computing & Physics practice group works across a hugely diverse span of technologies, from telecommunications network and systems providers, and integrated circuit design companies, to medical equipment manufacturers, computer systems providers, and aerospace and avionics manufacturers.
Our attorneys’ focus is on building strong partnerships with clients – visiting them regularly, getting to know their business, seeking to understand how best to protect the fruits of their developments and how to ensure that IP protection genuinely adds value to their organisations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the firm as a Patent Attorney from an electronics or computer science discipline. Whether you’re part-qualified, are taking your final exams, or have qualified recently, this is a great time to join our successful, supportive firm and take the next step in your career.
You will be tasked with advising a range of exciting clients on securing appropriate IP protection, drafting specifications for complex technical inventions, and working directly with clients to develop creative and persuasive arguments against patent office objections.
Your role will also include:
- Corresponding with clients, Patent Offices and overseas Attorneys
- Researching prior art
- Advising on the status, scope and validity of third party intellectual property rights
- Attacking and defending patents in EPO opposition proceedings
- Giving direction and sharing knowledge with operations colleagues
- Business development activity
The team are based in our London office, however the working location of this role is flexible. Just tell us where you’re based in your application.
To be considered as a Patent Attorney, you’ll need:
- To be part-qualified or qualified with 1-2 years’ post-qualification experience
- A strong academic record in an electronics, computer science, or AI discipline
- Plenty of experience in drafting claims and responses to office actions or prosecution
- Impeccable written English and first-rate communication skills
- Expertise in electronics subject matter, with the ability to communicate effectively about technical concepts
- A track record of interacting effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Healthcare scheme
- Plenty of scope for flexible working
- Give as you earn scheme
- Employee assistance programme and plenty of wellbeing support
This is the ideal role for an ambitious Patent Attorney with proven experience in a similar role to join a firm employing around 200 staff across five offices across the UK and Munich, Germany.
Apply online today or contact Alice Bugden on 01179 106 287 for a confidential conversation about the position.
The safety and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority at Withers & Rogers, and interviews will be held online in light of the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply