We are seeking two graduate or post-graduate trainees for our head office in Manchester, to work towards the qualifications of Chartered Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney.
In addition to patents, you will also have the opportunity to become involved in other aspects of intellectual property, such as trade marks, designs and copyright.
We are interested in candidates with (or predicted to get) at least a 2:1 honours degree in Physics, Engineering (ideally Electrical Engineering) or a related discipline, who are based in or keen to relocate permanently to Manchester.
The candidate we are looking for will also:
- Have excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Be highly organised and have very good attention to detail
- Have strong analytical skills and the confidence to defend the reasoning behind his/her opinion
- Be motivated and ready to put in the effort required to obtain the challenging professional qualifications – which usually takes around 5 years
In return, we are offering:
- A fascinating and rewarding career
- A competitive salary (plus bonus and pension)
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
- Full training, involving day to day mentoring and structured in-house training supplemented by external courses and tutorials
- Examination support and study leave
- Regular social events
We are also open to applications from students graduating in 2019 for positions starting next year.