We have a full-time vacancy for a trainee Trade Mark Attorney in our Birmingham office.
The job of a trade mark attorney is to advise clients on a wide range of trade mark-related issues, and to act on their behalf in dealing with the registration authorities in the UK and European Union and, through local associates where necessary, overseas, as well as with third parties.
A trade mark attorney will have a thorough grounding in UK and foreign trade mark law and practice, and a working knowledge of related issues such as copyright, industrial designs, passing off at common law and unfair competition.
As a trainee you will be working alongside our exiting trade mark attorneys and trainees. Much of your learning will take place on the job, but will be supplemented by internal and external courses and seminars. You will be working towards the qualification of Registered Trade Mark Attorney.
- Law degree (2:1 or higher)
- An understanding of, and enthusiasm for, the role of trade mark attorney
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An eye for detail
- Ability to assist with development of the firm’s business and its operation
- Although not essential it will be a significant advantage for candidates to have already obtained the Intellectual Property Post Graduate Certificate from Bournemouth University or the Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice from Queen Mary University of London.
- Long term career with excellent prospect for development
- 25 days paid vacation
- Pension contributions
- Full training and examination support
- Eligible for Christmas bonus based on attendance, performance and time-keeping
Wilson Gunn is a leading national firm of patent and trade mark attorneys. The firm was founded in 1864 in Manchester, which remains our head office. Today we also have offices in Birmingham, London, Lievrpool and Chesterfield. We specialise in protecting, maintaining and enforcing intellectual property rights in the UK, Europe and around the world. Our clients range from multinational businesses to local SMEs. Our trade mark attorneys represent an enviable portfolio of trade mark clients including a large number of well-known national and international brands. We have approximately 50 members of staff across all sites.
Are you enthusiastic about this job? If so, please apply with C.V. and covering letter to Ben Appleton.