EIP provides a first class service in the provision of advice in relation to all aspects of intellectual property. Its client base includes many high profile and innovative organisations in manufacturing and engineering sectors. As a high performance firm we recognise the importance of team-working and are very proud of the exceptional support staff that enable the professional staff to do their work. Internally we value a team spirit and aim to create a fun and friendly yet hard-working and professional culture, in order to maintain the highest of standards.
Our newly refurbished Bath office sits within one of the city’s premier office complexes, close to the railway station, main road links as well as all the cultural highlights and entertainment that the city has to offer.
A Trainee Patent Attorney is a Fee Earner in their own right. The level and type of work they become involved in will depend on their particular skill-set but will involve assisting more senior Fee Earners with technical reading and preparatory work.
Primary Duties include:
- Draft and file responses to patent office examination reports
- Deal with clients’ requests and queries in a timely and helpful manner
- Draft and file new patent applications
- Deal with the prosecution of pending patent applications
- Monitor deadlines
- Analyse and advise on the results of internal patentability searches
- Complete the necessary background reading prior to meetings
- Check and assist the preparation of bills
- External search reports issued by UK, European or other foreign patent offices
- Ensure all relevant documents and emails are filed on the Document Management System
- Keep diary up to date and ensure actions are completed in a timely manner
- Draft emails to clients
- Build a good relationship with clients and/foreign attorneys etc.
[jobfooter]Please mention Inside Careers when applying to EIP’s graduate jobs[/jobfooter]