Is your degree in Engineering or Science?
Are you looking for a career with a difference?
HGF is one of the fastest growing, full-service intellectual property firms in the UK and currently has an opportunity for an engineering or geology graduate to train and qualify as a Chartered Patent Attorney within its prestigious Energy Group.
This opportunity is within our Aberdeen office, working in a small team of qualified engineering Patent Attorneys. This is an intellectually demanding, rigorous profession where the work is fascinating, the profession is highly respected and the legal qualifications are lengthy and tough. HGF provides fully supported training leading to Chartered Patent Attorney qualifications.
The Patent Attorney Role
Patent Attorneys provide technical solutions and write complex patent documents which legally protect their client’s highly valuable inventions; this requires an in-depth understanding of their technical specialism, and an equally deep knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulatory requirements which vary according to the country of registration.
Competitive salary, increasing significantly with qualification, plus bonus and excellent benefits, including pension and 25 days holiday.
The person we are seeking will:
- have a minimum of a 2:1 in engineering or science, ideally mechanical or electrical engineering although other science or engineering degrees will be considered for those with a demonstrable interest in mechanical technology
- have a willingness to learn and work with upstream oil and gas technology
- have an interest to live and work in Aberdeen
- have excellent written and oral communication skills
- be socially confident and flexible in attitude and approach
- be able to operate in an intellectually demanding and often pressured environment
- be a team player.
Please email your CV (to include Highers/ A Level results) with a letter stating why you want to become a Patent Attorney in Aberdeen to [email protected] providing reference Aberdeen.
[jobfooter]Please mention Inside Careers when applying for graduate jobs at HGF Limited[/jobfooter]