We are seeking a new trainee patent attorney with a biochemistry or biotechnology (or similar) background to work directly with highly experienced Partners in our Chemistry and Life Sciences Team as they develop and implement patenting strategies for their clients. You will also train towards qualification as both a UK and a European patent attorney.
The successful candidate will have a strong academic background and a minimum of Masters level qualification in a relevant subject. A PhD or relevant industry experience is preferred.
What makes a good patent attorney?
- An interest in and enthusiasm for science and technology.
- Good written and oral communication skills that can be adapted for clients from a wide variety of educational and commercial backgrounds.
- The ability to make confident judgement calls based on information provided
- A good eye for detail and accuracy.
What makes this an interesting career?
- The opportunity to apply your science degree to a wide cross-section of clients and technologies
- Working at the intersection of new technology and its commercialisation
- Continuing intellectual challenge – you never stop learning.
- Excellent career opportunities and financial rewards.
What we can offer you:
Starting salaries for all graduate trainee positions will be circa £28k plus benefits (and the pay scale rises rapidly and can reach circa £60k on qualifying). The new position will start in September 2017. In addition, we will provide you with a structured programme of training and support starting with HL Academy our unique, tailored and highly successful training programme.
Visit our website for more information and to apply with your CV and covering letter.