Interested in becoming a patent attorney?
We are looking for a graduate trainees to work towards the qualifications of Chartered Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney. Based in our Birmingham office, you will be working under the supervision of one of our qualified attorneys who will oversee your training and give you hands-on experience from the start.
In addition to patents, you will also have the opportunity to become involved in other aspects of intellectual property, such as trade marks, designs and copyright.
We are interested in candidates with (or predicted to get) at least a 2:1 honours degree in Chemistry (or Biochemistry) or Life Sciences, and we are particularly interested in candidates with a technical background which includes both Chemistry and Life Sciences elements.
The candidate we are looking for will also:
- Have excellent communication skills, particularly in writing
- Be highly organised and have very good attention to detail
- Be motivated and ready to put in the effort required to obtain the challenging professional qualifications – which usually takes around 5 years
In return, we are offering:
- A fascinating and rewarding career
- A competitive salary (plus bonus and pension)
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
- Full training, involving day to day mentoring and structured in-house training supplemented by external courses and tutorials
- Examination support and study leave
- Regular social events