ABOUT REDDIE & GROSE LLP
Reddie & Grose is recognised as a leading patent and trade mark firm.
Our attorneys handle the full range of IP rights including patents, trade marks, and registered designs. We also handle the protection of plant variety rights. Within these areas we handle drafting, filing, prosecution, opposition, enforcement, defence and dispute resolution in general. We also advise on IP strategy and are able to offer support in due diligence and other aspects of corporate transactions handled by our law firm colleagues.
We understand work-life challenges and are sensitive to how work can impact your personal life. We respect this and will always encourage a good work-life balance. Our workplace is one where fairness, respect, equality and dignity are promoted and are part of the firm’s everyday goals and behaviour. There is a welcoming culture where we recognise that the different backgrounds, values, attitudes, skills and experience of our staff means they bring a unique perspective to work issues.
TRAINING AT REDDIE & GROSE
Reddie & Grose has an excellent reputation for training and we pride ourselves on the training we provide across all areas of the firm.
- 26 days annual leave plus all bank and public holidays
- Remote home working (40% office / 60% working from home)
- Christmas bonus
- Private Pension Scheme (with optional salary sacrifice)
- Group Life Assurance (3 x salary)
- Family Friendly Policies
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice scheme)
- Eye care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Benefits Platform
- Active social events calendar
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Private medical scheme
- Access to cycle store and shower facilities
- Positive culture for work-life balance
- Daily delivery of fresh fruit
REPORTS TO: Renewals Supervisor
WORKING HOURS: 09:30 – 17:30
EXPERIENCE: This role would ideally suit a candidate with minimum 5 years’ renewals experience. However, candidates with less than 5 years’ renewals experience will also be considered.
JOB SUMMARY / JOB OBJECTIVE / PURPOSE STATEMENT:
The role of the Renewals Team is to ensure a smooth and accurate exchange of data with CPA and attend to tasks and queries relating to payment of renewals and all related records.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Portfolio reviewing, checking and updating prompted by matters such as client changes, data checking from other sources including CPA and takeover cases
- Processing ofall aspects of the firms Electronic Data Exchange with CPA Global.
- Attending to CPA generated notices and reports in respect of Patents, Designs and Trademarks.
- Processing of Abandon / Remove / Channels notifications received from CPA Global.
- Reviewing client specific portfolios and resolving any renewal issues or handling.
- Handling and processing of internally monitored renewal deadlines, including US TM renewals / affidavit deadlines.
- Updating Inprotech with grant details, checking renewals and preparing granted Patent, Trade Mark and Design documents for despatch to clients.
- Attending to all incoming renewal related post, faxes, e-mails and telephone calls; including renewal reminders, overdue notices and lapse notices from overseas attorneys and IP Offices.
- Corresponding with Clients, Agents, CPA Global or IP Offices as necessary;
- Attending to payment of renewals and related invoicing, including “care of” renewals.
- Checking of EP(UK) cases for renewal handling and attending to any queries.
- Retrieving and checking information from online databases.
- Updating Inprotech as appropriate.
- Filing and parcelling of paperwork for storage.
- Assist with training as and where required.
- General office duties and filing with regard to patents, trade marks and designs.
- Helping other Formalities teams when required.
- Liaising with Partners, Technical Assistants, Accounts and Formalities Staff.
- Any duties a Partner or senior member of staff may ask you to carry out.
- Inprotech IP records system
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
This role would ideally suit a candidate with minimum 5 years’ renewals experience. However, candidates with less than 5 years’ renewals experience will also be considered.
If IP experienced, ideally this will include extensive Inprotech experience and all aspects of renewal handling for patents, trade marks and designs as detailed in the duties list above.
- Diligent, attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
- IT Literate
- Educated to A-level (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with working with a large renewal service provider and exchanging date with same
- Handling overdue notices and other official notices
- Paying and invoicing renewals
- Processing of grant documents and registration certificates.
- Experience of the Inprotech case maintenance system
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties, it is not exhaustive and we would be pleased to discuss any constructive comments you may have. Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business, this job description may be subject to change and does not form part of the contract of employment. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of the firm.