Kilburn & Strode is one of Europe’s leading firms of patent and trade mark attorneys. We hire the best people and we do excellent work for the world’s finest organisations – companies like Aston Martin, Boeing, Cisco and Google.
We deal with all aspects of patents, trademarks and designs. We work for a broad range of clients from major international corporations through to individual inventors.
London is our international headquarters, we also have offices in Munich, The Hague, Hilversum and San Francisco. Visitors include international executives from the United States, Korea, Japan and China, top UK judges and leading figures from the international IP community.
Everything flows from our people: we encourage a culture of working together and every member of our team is equally respected. We really understand our clients’ points-of-view to give them an excellent experience, creating a friendly and innovative culture where like-minded people want to train and work.
We know that our reputation as a firm is based entirely on the quality of the individuals who work here. That’s why we’ve always been uncompromising in seeking out people who are not only at the top of their game but who also share our enthusiasm and outlook. We are a step ahead in flexible working, parental leave and our bespoke in-house training programme.
Everyone at Kilburn & Strode should share and demonstrate our values in everything they do here: Think Creatively, Take responsibility, Build relationships, Respect others, and Excel!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a fully qualified patent attorney in the field of Life Sciences to join a team of over 40 trainee and qualified attorneys. Our team is led by dedicated, market-leading experts who can offer you unparalleled quality of work, the autonomy to manage your workload and client matters and the support to ensure you are developing in your career. The successful candidate will be provided with a full case load and will be able to get directly involved with the clients’ business development team and research scientists.
We welcome applications to join us in either London or the Netherlands.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Ideally be a circa 1-4 years post qualified European patent attorney. We also expect either a UK or a Dutch qualification.
- Technically astute, with the ability to quickly understand any biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical chemistry subject matter, in particular subject matter relating to pharmaceutical formulation chemistry and/or immunology.
- The portfolio of cases relate to products in development so there is the opportunity to be involved in product development issues and licensing.
- Ambitious and looking to develop their career and grow their practice. However, there would be a full workload to assume from the start.
- Be client focussed and have superb relationship building ability.
- Work autonomously and take responsibility for their own caseload.
The opportunity to join a creative and supportive team with a clear path for career progression with an inhouse training programme.
The role also provides the opportunity for agile working, flexibility and part-time working if required.
Working for a firm that lives and breathes its values and strives to create a positive working environment and culture.