As you know, the patent and trade mark sector is unusual.
Kilburn & Strode stands out even in this unusual sector.
As one of the top patent and trade mark attorney firms in Europe, we enjoy high praise high praise in all the leading guides to our sector. We also act for some of the world’s most creative and innovative companies such as Amgen, Janssen, Boeing, Honeywell.
But some things really mark us out. Although we’ve been around for over 100 years, we look forward not back. We have a vision, a strategy and a strategic plan for the next few years. We’re rare in looking for and bringing real change to our firm and our sector.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a fully qualified patent attorney in the field of Chemistry to join a team of over 40 trainee and qualified attorneys. You will be supported and helped to grow in this role, as necessary, by a close team of expert practitioners.
Within this role you will have the opportunity to take ownership of your own portfolio of client work and participation in BD initiatives.
We welcome applications to join us in either London or the Netherlands, both full and part-time.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A qualified European patent attorney with up to 3 years post qualification or equivalent experience. We also expect either a UK or a Dutch qualification.
- Technically astute, with the ability to quickly understand any chemistry subject matter. Experience in a variety of chemical fields, including pharmaceuticals and commercially important, industrial chemistry cases would be a bonus.
- Commercially minded, client focussed and have superb relationship building ability.
- Ambitious to develop their EPO opposition and appeal skills.
- Able to work closely with direct clients and take responsibility for your own caseload.
- Looking to develop their career and grow their practice.
We know that our reputation as a firm is based entirely on the quality of the individuals who work here. That’s why we’ve always been uncompromising in seeking out people who are not only at the top of their game, but who also share our enthusiasm and progressive outlook. We constantly work to deliver the best total reward package in our sector and are a step ahead in flexible and agile working, parental leave and our unrivalled training programmes.
Everyone at Kilburn & Strode should live our values in everything they do: Think Creatively, Take responsibility, Build relationships, Respect others, and Excel!
If you’re interested in this role, please apply now.