Our IP Systems Development team is dedicated to serving the needs of the Keltie organisation to the highest level. Our small team is growing and the opportunity has arisen for someone to join us in an IP Systems Support role, primarily located in Cambridge or London.
Reporting to the IP Systems Development Manager, the purpose of this new role is to support the IP Systems Development team in administering Inprotech data and responding to user queries and issues. Travel to, and working from, the Keltie offices in London, Cambridge, Cirencester, Galway and Dublin may be required from time to time.
Inprotech is the Practice Management System used by Keltie. Inprotech is the Firm’s most critical application for storing all Intellectual Property (IP) case and names data, as well as being configured with global IP legislation, rules, regulations and workflows for managing IP matters.
The main responsibilities included in the role will involve supporting the IP Systems Development team with a wide range of administration, reporting and data management tasks using the Inprotech Practice Management System. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Names database maintenance;
- administration of Case data;
- providing general administrative and operational support to the IP System Development team;
- assisting the IP Formalities, Records and Professional Support teams with global updates, system queries and corrections to cases;
- working closely with other developers in the IP System Development and IT teams to co-ordinate solutions involving template development and other custom applications which integrate Inprotech;
- any other relevant duties as reasonably directed.
- Candidates will have strong IT skills, including MS Excel and Word to a high standard. Experience with all MS Applications would be desirable;
- Applicants will be used to working in a busy, high pressure, deadline driven but interesting and fun work environment;
- Strong analytical skills, along with excellent attention to detail is critical for success in this role. Candidates must be capable of independently analysing and testing Inprotech issues;
- The nature of the role requires applicants who can communicate clearly and confidently, in the format needed, with staff at all levels across the firm;
- Candidates will have gained experience working with a Practice Management System, preferably Inprotech, although knowledge of Inprotech is not a pre-requisite for the role;
- This role would suit a person looking to expand their knowledge, having already gained solid experience working in the IP industry in an IP formalities or similar IP administration role;
- The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of IP law and formalities, or some Patent or Trade Mark work experience;
- Some knowledge of SQL and familiarity with SQL Server Management Studio is desirable.
Why join us?
Keltie is an exceptional Intellectual Property (IP) firm with a reputation for providing excellent client service to a range of small, medium and large clients around the world. Chambers and Partners ranks Keltie among Britain’s top ranked patent and trade mark firms, and we are one of the fastest-growing IP firms in the UK, with offices in London, Cambridge, The Cotswolds, East Anglia and Ireland.
Ideas are very much welcomed in the Keltie organisation, so if you are a free thinker, enjoy problem solving, and would like to work in an environment where ideas are encouraged and nurtured, this could be the ideal opportunity for you to join an exciting and thriving team.
Salary: Competitive market salary.
Employee Benefits: Flexible working (discretionary 2 days min’ office based), Group Pension Plan, Private Healthcare Plan, Life Assurance, Group Income Protection, 25 days holidays plus paid bank holidays, season ticket loan, ride2work scheme, discretionary study support and study leave, social events.
Hours: This is a full-time role, 35 hours, 5 days per week (9.30am to 5.30pm).
Location: London Bridge in London, or Cambridge.
Interested? If so, please get in touch and tell us why you think we should meet. Please send your CV with a covering letter.