Our client is a leading player in the Intellectual Property law industry, providing legal services to clients in various sectors, including biotechnology, engineering, and IT.
The firm prides itself on its commitment to delivering high-quality legal services to its clients while fostering a culture of excellence and innovation. Due to growth, the team are now looking to hire a Patent Secretary.
The successful candidate must have strong proficiency in Word and online filing. They should be able to independently produce standard letters and forms for UK and European Patent Offices, upload correspondence for online filing, and handle WIP and invoice requests. Additionally, the secretary should be able to effectively manage dictations, emails, and manuscript documents and be adept in post and filing management through the firm’s Document Management System (DMS).
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years’ experience within a similar role.
- Communicate with the Fee Earners keeping them regularly updated regarding their work
- E-PCT filings, GB filings, PCT filings and divisional filings
- Perform electronic filing
- Use of EPO online filing software and the EPO register/WIPO register
- Preparing description and claim amendments
- Working from dictation and email/written instructions
- Create various emails and calendar entries
- Checking the Partner’s reminder system on a daily basis and generating reminder letters/take necessary action if required
- Drafting letters in response to routine enquiries from clients where possible
- Responsible for forwarding invoices