G2 are currently working with an esteemed Intellectual property law firm with hopes to find a part/ newly qualified Patent Attorney with a specialism in Engineering. Based in the vibrant city of London, our client is renowned for its exceptional legal services and innovative approach to Intellectual property matters. With a strong European presence, they represent clients across diverse industries and provide comprehensive IP solutions, ensuring the protection and enforcement of their valuable intellectual assets. As a Patent Attorney you will play a pivotal role in advising clients on Patent related matters, conducting patent drafting and prosecution, and providing strategic guidance throughout the intellectual property life cycle.
- Collaborate with clients to understand their inventions and technologies, identifying opportunities for patent protection.
- Conduct thorough patent searches, analyse prior art, and evaluate patentability.
- Prepare and draft high-quality patent applications, ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Communicate and negotiate with patent offices, addressing objections, and securing the grant of patents.
- Provide strategic advice to clients on patent portfolio management, including patent filing strategies, prosecution tactics, and enforcement strategies.
- Conduct patent validity and infringement analyses, offering expert opinions and advising on potential risks and opportunities.
- Part-Qualified or Newly Qualified Patent Attorney, with a specialization in Engineering.
- Strong academic background, holding a degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Excellent understanding of patent law, procedures, and practices, with practical experience in patent drafting and prosecution.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- A strong team player, capable of collaborating with colleagues and clients to achieve desired outcomes.