What is the placement?
The summer scheme will give you first-hand experience to see what it is like to work as a Patent or Trade Mark Attorney. During your two-week placement, you will rotate around two of our three main offices, gain valuable experience and will be paired with a buddy who will be on hand to answer any of your questions. You will also get involved with real client work and work alongside experienced attorneys. Overall, it is an excellent opportunity for you to gain a comprehensive understanding of the life of a patent or trade mark attorney.
As the scheme is part of our recruitment process, your performance will be reviewed throughout your placement. At the end of the scheme, you may be fast tracked for an interview for a permanent trainee position.
Benefits of the placement:
- Paid two-week placement
- Rotate between two of our three main offices: London, Brighton & Oxford
- Invaluable experience with a prestigious firm
- Buddy Scheme and vast networking opportunities
- Opportunity to interview for a graduate position
- You must have studied a STEM degree subject. For example, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Natural Sciences (with a focus on any of the above) or PhD students with any of the above first degrees.
- We are looking for penultimate-year and post graduate students to apply to this summer placement scheme. Ideally you will need to be available for employment in Autumn of 2025.
- You should be able to demonstrate an excellent academic history. You must have gained a minimum of AAA at A-level and be on track for a minimum of a 2:1 at degree level (or equivalent).
- You should be passionate about Dehns and looking to work in this industry after graduation.