Cleveland Scott York (CSY) is a boutique Intellectual Property (IP) law firm, specialising in patents and trade marks. We provide comprehensive IP services to a wide range of clients, including SMEs and multi-national corporations. CSY is a progressive firm with a knowledge-sharing culture and a reputation for excellence in training and professional development.
We are looking to recruit a graduate who is looking to qualify as a Chartered Trade Mark Attorney.
In this Trainee role, you will be supported with “on the job” training whilst also having the opportunity to participate in the necessary professional CITMA courses (paid for by the firm). By working closely with qualified Attorneys with their day-to-day work, advising clients on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious trade mark matters, you will benefit directly from their knowledge and expertise, and will be exposed to the firm’s broad range of clients. In due course, you will then be able to operate independently as a Trade Mark Attorney yourself.
- Academic capability – already achieved or hoping to achieve a humanities degree (or a similar degree where analysis of textual information and excellent writing skills are essential)
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent administrative and research skills
- Detail oriented, and with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks
- Team player but with the confidence and initiative to work well independently
- An ambitious individual with the drive and commitment to pursue a career as a Trade Mark Attorney.
Our London office is based in the vibrant area of Holborn/Farringdon, with excellent public transport links along with a variety of bars and restaurants.
We operate a hybrid working system, with the successful candidate expected to work in the London office for a minimum of 3 days per week during their training.
Please upload your CV and covering letter setting out a bit more about yourself using the application process set out below. Should you require any adjustments to assist with your application, please also contact us via our website.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applicants from backgrounds which are under-represented in the UK intellectual property sector.
We have set a closing date of 1 March 2024. Applications will be considered as they arrive, however, so make your application as soon as possible – we may have made the appointment before the published closing date.Apply now for this role