Purpose of the Role
The IP Analyst will report to the Senior Patent Counsel and will perform patent search, landscaping and IP analytics activities using subscription databases as part of our IP analytics team. They will also assist with IP portfolio management, and all aspects of IP management within the IP lifecycle, with a particular focus on invention harvesting and capture working within our client’s IP network.
The role is permanent, full-time and based in Horsham working directly alongside our engineers and scientists, although hybrid remote working will be considered.
The individual will be an experienced IP analyst with at least 3 years patent searching experience using advanced technical and patent subscription databases such as PatBase, Questel-Orbit; some in-house IP management experience would be helpful. This is a varied and stimulating role for an individual with an engineering or science background and knowledge and interest in clean energy developments.
For the right individual there will be the opportunity for future progression within the IP Function.
Team Environment: An integral part of the Legal and IP team with Senior Patent Counsel as the direct line and sitting within the IP analytics team.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in patent searching using subscription patent & TM databases and other sources of IP intelligence
- At least 2 years industrial engineering or research experience
- Relevant industrial experience of managing and protecting IP
- Excellent IT skills with usual Office packages (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Relevant technical degree and/or PhD – Engineering, physics or similar
- IP Qualification desirable e.g. Certificate or Masters in Intellectual Property Law Personal Attributes and
- Must be enthusiastic and able quickly to embrace new technical developments
- Careful and methodical with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands, and prioritise tasks and workload
- Collaborative and team-spirited
- A positive, dynamic, and business-focused approach to working
- Agile can-do attitude and team-player
All candidates who wish to apply for this vacancy must have the right to work in the UK.Apply now for this role