Withers & Rogers is one of Europe’s largest dedicated intellectual property law firms, with offices across the UK, Paris, and Munich. Established more than 130 years ago, we remain as passionate as ever about making intellectual property work to our clients’ best advantage. Today, our clients include many renowned, innovative organisations from across Europe, North America, and Asia.
We believe that our patent and trade mark attorneys, support, and operations staff have a breadth of expertise and a depth of specialist sector knowledge that is second to none. Our purpose is building trusting relationships and our vision is to be an independent, responsible, sustainably profitable, and globally focused firm, known for building trusting relationships.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Advanced Engineering group. This is a full time, permanent position based in our Bristol office and you will need to attend the office a minimum of two days per week.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing the relationship with our current clients and bringing in new business
- Advising clients on securing appropriate IP protection
- Drafting specifications for complex technical inventions, particularly in the mechanical engineering or aerospace area
- Researching prior art and working directly with clients to develop creative and persuasive arguments against patent office objections
- Thoroughly analysing and editing existing patent specifications to overcome objections to patent applications and attending hearings at the European Patent Office
- Researching and advising on the status, scope and validity of third-party intellectual property rights
- Building a network of contacts, with a view to converting contacts to clients
To join us as a Patent Attorney, you’ll need:
- A qualified UK and European Patent Attorney with up to three years’ post qualification experience
- A strong academic or industry record in an engineering discipline and the ability to communicate effectively about technical concepts with the research and development teams of our clients
- To be skilled in analysing and identifying the novel features and commercial potential of an invention with plenty of experience in drafting claims and responses to office actions for prosecution
- Impeccable written English and first-rate communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly and accurately
- A track record of interacting effectively with staff and clients at all levels and an enthusiastic team-player with a proactive approach
- A track record of building rapport with clients and developing new business
- Competitive salary
- Benefits such as healthcare cash plan and additional holiday purchase scheme
- Flexible working options
- Enhanced Parental Leave options
- Positive and welcoming work environment
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so early applications are encouraged.
We foster a supportive and inclusive culture where employees are encouraged to broaden their knowledge, challenge themselves and share their ideas.
If you think you have the skills to succeed, we would love to hear from you.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply