We have an opportunity for a Biochemistry graduate to join the thriving Life Sciences team in our London office. This role is to start from autumn 2021, although we also welcome applications from candidates who are available earlier.
What are we looking for?
- Academic capability – you must achieve, or have achieved, a 2.1 degree result or above in Biochemistry or a related subject
- The ability to analyse and interpret complex technical matters, along with the command of written and spoken language to explain them clearly
- A fundamental sense of commerciality – we are not only looking for technical excellence, but also for the potential to adeptly and perceptively help our clients achieve their goals
- Strong organisational skills, excellent attention to detail and good interpersonal skills
What we offer
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package
- A relaxed and friendly working environment
- A varied diet of work, originating from blue chip companies to exciting start-ups
- Although you will be assigned to one Supervising Partner to provide you with day-to-day guidance, you will also typically work with a number of Partners and Associates so that your caseload covers a broad range of different legal and technical areas
- The opportunity to become a key part of our clients’ strategic planning
- Exceptional quality of training and support to help you qualify as a Chartered and European patent attorney
- A genuine interest in the fulfilment of your career as a patent attorney with us. As a market-leading firm, we will not only help you to enhance your technical ability, but also your commercial and legal judgement
We are one of the largest patent and trade mark private practices with office presence across the UK and in Munich and Oslo. The Firm has a strong “family feel” and can attribute much of its success to the internal support and training provided, along with the organic growth of our client base.
Our London team is part of a larger, firm-wide Life Sciences group. Our attorneys are graduate and post-graduate scientists with degrees and doctorates in all aspects of biochemistry and biology; many were involved in academic research before joining the firm. Across the group we have a wealth of expertise in areas such as, antibodies and immunology, cell signalling, diagnostic assays, enzymology, molecular and cellular biology, plant biology and vaccines.