We now have an exciting trainee opportunity within the Mechanical department of our Northampton office. We are seeking a committed individual to train with us for a career as a British and European Patent Attorney. Successful candidates will ideally have a bachelor’s degree in either Engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical or Civil) or Physics. The entry level for this position is flexible as our focus is on finding the right individual for the role and we are keen to consider applications from individuals with experience either in private practice or within industry as well as from graduates.
Skills and qualities
The key qualities we are seeking from a trainee are:
* An ability to analyse and accurately summarise technical documents in the mechanical engineering field
* A good knowledge of basic engineering principles
* Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
* The ability to work on one’s own as well as part of a team
* An appetite for working hard and being an integral part a highly qualified team
* Well organised and reliable
* A commitment to professional and career development
* A commitment to building a career within our Northampton office.
What we offer
The successful trainee will be assigned to a Partner who will supervise all aspects of training. Trainees receive a broad range of work, which encompasses a variety of technical areas, providing a challenging and intellectually stimulating career. The firm actively encourages trainees through both in-house training and external courses and lectures whilst being supported to qualify as both a Chartered Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney.
[jobfooter]Please mention Inside Careers when applying to A.A. Thornton & Co.’s graduate jobs[/jobfooter]