Withers & Rogers employ around 200 staff across 5 offices across the UK and Munich, Germany, and our Trade Marks team provide specialist advice and support to brand owners across a variety of industries including luxury goods and fashion, food and drink and cosmetics.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the firm’s Trade Mark group in London. This position would suit a confident Trade Mark Attorney or IP Solicitor with strong, proven experience. This is a full time, permanent position but flexible working options are available.
As a Trade Mark Attorney / IP Solicitor, you will be responsible for providing high quality, accurate advice to clients on securing appropriate IP protection.
Taking on a portfolio of clients, you will effectively manage their IP on their behalf, liaise with Trade Mark registration authorities and prepare and supervise UK, European Union, International (WIPO) and global trade mark filings.
Additionally, your role will involve:
– Advising clients on the strength of their marks and registrability
– Advising and assisting with the prosecution of Trade Mark and design disputes
– Becoming involved in Trade Mark oppositions, cancellations actions, renewals work and other maintenance issues
– Advising on infringement
– Reviewing portfolios for potential acquisitions
– Assisting with due diligence exercises and advising on relevant materials issued
– Business development
To be considered as a Trade Mark Attorney / IP Solicitor, you will need:
– At least one year’s post-qualification experience as a Trade Mark Attorney
– Proven experience in oppositions, cancellations and invalidity actions before the UKIPO and EUIPO
– Impeccable written English and first-rate communication skills
– Commercial awareness and thorough knowledge of Trade Mark law and practice
– The ability to prioritise workloads, manage high volumes of work and meet deadlines
– Demonstrable experience building rapport with clients and utilising your own professional network to find potential new clients
– Excellent salary and benefits package
– Competitive bonus scheme
– A newly introduced sabbatical policy
– Flexible working options
If you are a proven and qualified Trade Mark Attorney with post-qualification experience, this is the ideal role in which to develop your career and thrive.
From our incredible offices in Central London with views over the Thames, you will have the chance to take on a diverse and engaging workload and develop your own client relationships.
You’ll discover that we offer an in-house training programme to ensure that your skills are always up-to-date, your professional development is continuing and you do not stagnate.
We enable all of our people to fulfil their potential, supporting their requirements and aiding them to get where they need to go.
So, if our forward-thinking environment and advanced approach seem like the kind of place where you could forge a career for yourself, we look forward to hearing from you.