We are searching for two trainee patent attorneys to join our chemistry and biotech teams based in Copenhagen.
Potter Clarkson is one of the leading pan-European firms, with staffed offices across the UK, Denmark and Sweden. Opening in 2018, our Copenhagen office contains four qualified attorneys specialising in chemistry, life sciences and applied biotech servicing many of the firm’s key clients. It is fully integrated into the wider firm, with teams of attorneys from multiple offices working together to help our clients.
The life sciences/biotech team at Potter Clarkson has been working with clients in Denmark and Southern Sweden for over 30 years. We offer clients a full IP service to support them in achieving their commercial objectives, and pride ourselves on the exceptional level of client care offered by our approachable and engaged team.
Since opening the Copenhagen office, Potter Clarkson has also seen growth in clients in the chemical and applied biology sector. The team in Copenhagen works closely with a number of the firm’s clients in the region, as well as international clients in both the US and Asia. The focus of the growing team is to service companies manufacturing high value chemicals/materials and companies manufacturing food ingredients, often working directly with R&D scientists to help them understand the IP landscape.
The formula for our success is simple. We recruit the very best people and invest heavily in their training and personal development to produce outstanding patent and trade mark professionals. The organisation and infrastructure of the firm and its dedicated support staff equip our experts with all they need to apply their skills efficiently and deliver exceptional service to clients.
Training and qualification as a patent attorney requires hard work and dedication. To excel you need many talents: strong scientific understanding, excellent language skills and commercial acumen. It may seem daunting, but we can make your training experience varied, challenging and rewarding.
We are committed to promoting a healthy work-life balance, and supporting the well-being of all our people. We offer a wealth of health and well-being benefits and resources, including healthcare, flexible working options, a virtual well-being hub, mental health first aiders and a mentorship program.
If you are ready to join an amazing team, we’d love to hear from you. When applying, please provide details of your technical background to help us streamline the application process.
- For the Chemistry position – a degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmacy, or similar
- For the Biotech position – a degree in a relevant biological science such as molecular biology, food, agriculture, genetics, microbiology, virology, immunology, biochemistry or similar
- Strong technical and scientific knowledge
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent English language skills – other languages, in particular any Scandinavian languages, would be beneficial
- Research or industrial experience preferred, though not essential
- A professional manner when liaising with clients and other stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise your own workload
- High level of attention to detail
We can offer:
- A work environment that provides a unique combination of British and Scandinavian values
- Opportunities for short and longer-term secondments to our other European ofﬁces
- The benefits of a small office paired with the security and infrastructure of a larger firm
- An exciting range of clients and complex patent cases
- Focus on direct client work and building long-term relationships, including opportunities for networking and business development
- Flexible working policy / remote working options tailored to meet our employees’ needs
- A structured training program based on an in-house Training Academy and a helpful peer network across the firm to help you succeed
- A fast-paced learning environment paired with increased responsibility as you progress
- Excellent career development opportunities
- A chance to define your own career goals and needs, with plenty of support along the way – we will do everything we can to keep you developing even post qualification