Potter Clarkson is an award winning, top-tier firm of patent attorneys, trade mark attorneys and IP lawyers and one of the largest full-service intellectual property practices in Europe. The firm has a strong reputation for providing high quality IP services for its predominantly direct client portfolio. As a firm, we support a flexible work-life balance and provide an environment where you are supported in your career development, well beyond qualification.
Potter Clarkson opened its Copenhagen office in 2018 to support its clients in the region, with the ambition to grow the office to be one of the more prominent firms in the Danish capital. We are seeking an ambitious qualified or EQE-level European Patent Attorney to help us develop our Chemistry team in the Copenhagen office.
The candidate should have:
- Excellent English language skills – other languages, especially Scandinavian languages, would be beneficial
- Excellent academic qualifications, with a degree in a relevant chemical discipline
- Postgraduate research experience would be an advantage
- Outstanding technical ability and skill as a patent attorney
- Diligence and motivation and a client-oriented, commercially focussed attitude
- An interest in working in a small office and in helping it grow
- EQE Finals level or preferably one to three years of post-qualification experience
We can offer:
- A work environment that provides a unique combination of British and Scandinavian values
- Opportunities for short and longer-term secondments to our other European ofﬁces
- The benefits of a small office paired with the security and infrastructure of a larger firm
- An exciting range of clients and complex patent cases, particularly EPO opposition work
- Focus on direct client work and building long-term relationships, including opportunities for networking and business development
- Flexible working policy / remote working options / maternity leave / parental leave tailored to meet our employees’ needs
- A structure training program based on an in-house Training Academy and a helpful peer network across the firm to help you succeed
- A fast-paced learning environment paired with increased responsibility as you progress
- Excellent career development and partnership prospects
- A chance to define your own career goals and needs, with plenty of support along the way – we will do everything we can to keep you developing even post qualification
If you’ve got the experience and ambition we’re looking for, we can create a role perfectly tailored to you. You will be challenged to learn and encouraged to make a significant impact on the firm.