We have an excellent opportunity for an Apprentice Administrator in our Patent Formalities team based in our Nottingham office. Our hybrid working policy requires that you work at this location for a minimum of two days each week.
Potter Clarkson LLP is one of the leading pan-European Intellectual Property law firms, with seven offices across the UK, Denmark, Sweden and Germany.
We offer clients a full IP service to support them in achieving their commercial objectives. We pride ourselves in the exceptional level of client care offered by our approachable and engaged team.
We have over 80 patent and trade mark professionals and 10 IP solicitors, who are expertly assisted by over 100 support staff and state of the art IT infrastructure. We have adapted to remote working seamlessly during the coronavirus outbreak, and have continued to provide unparalleled service to our clients as well as retaining the social culture of our friendly firm.
In 2019 we were awarded the Investor in People Silver Award as recognition of the importance we place on the professional development of our people. The firm is consistently ranked in the top tier of major legal guides, such as Legal 500 and MIP. We also hold three independent ISO accreditations which evidence our high level of environmental awareness, service provision and information security.
We are committed to promoting a healthy work-life balance, and supporting the wellbeing of all our people. We offer a wealth of health and wellbeing benefits and resources including healthcare, attractive flexible working options, sports and social groups, virtual yoga and mindfulness sessions, a virtual wellbeing hub, mental health first aiders, and a busy social calendar.
The role will support the Patent Formalities team with wide ranging Administration tasks that will expand in complexity as training progresses.
Full training in Patent Administration will be provided, with clearly defined career progression and support to achieve Industry recognised qualifications. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to develop a career in Intellectual Property.
- Preparing and sending a variety of professional reports to clients and internal professional staff, including but not limited to; search reports, Patent Office notifications, EP validation reports, publication, allowance, grant reports.
- Corresponding with a variety of external sources, including Patent Offices, overseas IP firms, translation companies.
- Preparation of legal documents, Powers of Attorney, Assignments etc.
- Updating and maintaining in-house databases and spreadsheets.
- Attention to detail and an analytical mind
- A personable, team orientated approach
- Strong organisational skills
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, with strict deadlines
- A desire to learn and progress a career within Intellectual Property
- Minimum 5 x GCSE at grade C / level 4, including Maths and English
- Knowledge of Microsoft office would be desirable.
- Salary: £12,000 per annum.
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays.
- A generous company pension scheme.
- Healthcare package.
- Birthday leave.
- Flexible working policy.
- Travel loan scheme.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Purchase of extra holiday scheme.
- Regular company away days & social events.
We have a commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.