We have an excellent opportunity for an Administrator to join our Patent Formalities team based in our Nottingham office. Our hybrid working policy requires that you work at this location for a minimum of two days each week.
Potter Clarkson LLP is one of the leading pan-European Intellectual Property law firms, with seven offices across the UK, Denmark, Sweden and Germany.
We offer clients a full IP service to support them in achieving their commercial objectives. We pride ourselves in the exceptional level of client care offered by our approachable and engaged team.
We have over 90 patent and trade mark professionals and 10 IP solicitors, who are expertly assisted by over 130 support staff and state of the art IT infrastructure.
The firm is consistently ranked in the top tier of major legal guides, such as Legal 500 and MIP. We also hold three independent ISO accreditations which evidence our high level of environmental awareness, service provision and information security.
We are committed to promoting a healthy work-life balance, and supporting the wellbeing of all our people. We offer a wealth of health and wellbeing benefits and resources including healthcare, attractive flexible working options, sports and social groups, virtual mindfulness sessions, a virtual wellbeing hub, mental health first aiders, and a busy social calendar.
If you have previous administration experience and can demonstrate strong organisational skills and attention to detail, then this is a superb role in which to develop your career. This is an opportunity to work within a supportive environment with opportunities for progression whilst providing a vital service within a top-tier Intellectual Property firm.
In this wide ranging and fast-paced role, your primary function will be to assist with the administration of our Patent portfolio. As well as filing new Patent applications worldwide, you will be responsible for preparation of legal documents, monitoring and managing deadlines, liaising with professional staff, other legal firms and clients from around the world.
Day to day duties will also include processing and docketing of incoming correspondence, preparing estimates for clients and maintaining records on our matter management database.
A professional manner and the ability to complete work to exacting standards and within tight deadlines is crucial. Existing knowledge of Intellectual Property and/or a legal background is not essential as full and extensive training will be provided.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including English and Maths.
- Business or Administration related qualifications beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a proactive, personable approach.
- A professional manner when liaising with clients and other external parties is essential.
- A team player who is also conscientious, motivated and flexible, adapting as the need arises.
- Strong IT skills with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Receptive and open to learning new skills and acquiring an understanding of the industry.
- Process driven, organised person who excels at meeting deadlines when working within a busy team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays.
- A generous company pension scheme.
- Healthcare package.
- Birthday leave.
- Flexible working policy.
- Travel loan scheme.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Purchase of extra holiday scheme.
- Regular company away days & social events.
We are committed to providing a highly supportive, inclusive and stimulating workplace for all our people.