Why choose Mewburn Ellis?
Mewburn Ellis is the forward-looking IP firm. We work with organisations building the brands and technology that will define tomorrow. Ranked top tier we are a firm synonymous with quality and technical excellence working with clients at the forefront of innovation. Our current strategy is one of growth and we’re keen to hire more great attorneys with an Engineering/Physics background to work in our expanding and highly successful engineering team. We consider our associates to be central to the success of our firm and the delivery of our future plans. We will value their ideas and opinions and appreciate the part they play in our drive for continued improvement and enhanced service offering to our clients. Associates at Mewburn Ellis are not put in the back office, they will work directly with our existing and future clients nurturing existing relationships and building new and exciting ones.
We have vacancies for Associate and Senior Associate patent attorneys with a background in physics or electronic engineering. Whether you’re fully qualified or part-qualified, we want to hear from you. The team is spread across all five of our offices in London, Bristol, Manchester, Cambridge and Munich and we would consider candidates for any of these locations.
What we offer
• A generous financial package
• Exciting clients to work with
• A supportive but relaxed environment
• The possibility to work abroad
• Comprehensive training and development
• A flexible approach to working hours
• A friendly and social place to work
• A diverse, inclusive culture
We’re looking for individuals who want to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. You need to be technically excellent, but you also need to have the right attitude, be able to understand business and talk to clients. We want people who are excited about our plans, want to join us on our journey and with whom our values and ambitions resonate. In exchange we’ll offer you a challenging, friendly environment, cutting-edge work and a chance to be part of our growth story.
- At least two years’ experience working in the IP profession
- Strong academic background in Engineering or Physics
- Successfully passed either the Foundation exams or PG Certificate in IP Law
- Confident and sociable manner with excellent people skills
- Ability to hit the ground running
- Able to deal with clients directly
- Able to handle client drafting, prosecution and advice
How to apply:
If you’re ambitious, committed, forward-looking and enjoy a challenge e-mail us using the link below. Please do include a copy of your CV.Apply now for this role