We currently have an opportunity for an Electronics Patent Attorney to join our thriving team in Cambridge.
You will be responsible for providing exceptional client service for an existing portfolio. In addition, you will support with the acquisition of new clients to expand the team’s fee earning capabilities and ultimately will become responsible for the management and administration of your own client portfolio.
You will be actively involved in developing and implementing patent drafting / prosecution. This will include the identification of inventions and drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications in both the UK and Europe, as well as directing prosecution of patent applications in various jurisdictions outside Europe via local Attorneys.
You will benefit from the assistance and support of the Partners to ensure your successful integration into the firm. Extensive support is also available from highly capable clerical and administrative employees, together with the use of a bespoke case management system.
We recognise that every Patent Attorney has an important role to play in the success of the business. As such, we invest time and resources to ensure that matters such as individual contribution and career aspirations are discussed openly, and are considered with regularity and fairness. Career progression decisions are objective, transparent and based on merit.
The size of the business also enables other interesting opportunities – business development; brand promotion; international campaigns and assignments; team management; training and mentoring; quality and compliance work; and many more.
Submissions will be treated in the strictest confidence.
What you need to have:
- Finals standard or dual qualified (CPA and EPA)
- You must have achieved at least an upper second class honours or above in: Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, Physics or other specialism with relevant Electronics
- A fundamental sense of commerciality
- Pro-active approach to work and highly motivated
What we offer:
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package
- 26 days’ holiday – with the option to buy/sell 5 days per year
- Reimbursement of membership fees to professional bodies