We are looking for an enthusiastic Engineering graduate to join the Patent Engineering team based in our York office. You will work alongside our team of Attorneys and fellow Trainees to support our clients in the protection of their intellectual property assets. The role encompasses a diverse range of responsibilities and requires a high level of attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to work to deadlines along with being able to receive and act upon feedback on your work.
The training process is a challenge (one we hope you’ll relish). We offer exceptional support in helping you get there, for example, through our mentoring programme where you will be paired up with qualified attorneys who have a deep understanding of what it is like to be a trainee, having been there and done it in the not so long and distant past. There is so much knowledge you can tap into, including supervision from experienced partners and senior attorneys, supporting you on your journey to full Chartered UK and European qualification.
- Drafting of patent documents for review by manager
- Dealing with client queries in a professional and timely way
- Construct technical arguments with a view to prosecuting patents
- Supporting Attorneys in ensuring that legal deadlines are met
- Liaising with clients and answering queries
- Progressing through UK and European Patent Attorney Qualification exams alongside work
- Providing support to Attorneys as needed
- A passion for a career in intellectual property!
- A minimum 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related subject such as Materials Science
- Experience in a professional working environment would be beneficial
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- A team player who is comfortable working on independent tasks
- Ability to digest and act upon constructive feedback
- Attitude and aptitude to want to develop your skillset
- Personable individual with a client focused mentality
Candidate Desirable Experience/Qualifications:
- Fluency in French or Japanese language would be a bonus
HGF is committed to promoting an equal, diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all candidates with relevant skills for the role. As part of this recruitment process we are utilising a “blind” CV process at the initial stage of application filtering.
If the above sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter which outlines in no more than 500 words why you would like to pursue a career as a Patent Attorney and an invention or patent related news story you found interesting & why via the application box.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply