- GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company. With patient focus, integrity, respect for people and transparency underpinning our activities, we bring to market novel medicines, to fulfil our mission to help millions of people across the world to do more, feel better and live longer.
- Our Global Patents (GP) department plays an integral role in realising our mission by protecting R&D investment and IP Assets. We provide proactive support to R&D working collaboratively with scientists and senior managers on all patent aspects, including New Biological Entity (NBE) patent filings, Freedom To Operate (FTO) analyses, challenging 3rd party patents and defending GSK patents (via European Patent Oppositions and Appeals, and worldwide litigation), Due Diligences and supporting business transactions (e.g. in-licensing, collaborations).
- This is an opportunity to train in-house within a large department of European and US patent attorneys (some of whom are UK or EP Examiners for the qualifying exams), as part of a team with R&D, and working on a breadth of patent issues in a truly end-to-end manner.
- The selected candidate will work primarily on biopharmaceutical and cell and gene therapy related technologies and assets, for a wide range of therapeutic and research uses.
- Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we will make sure you have a stimulating and diverse role that will enable you to develop your expertise as you create value for GSK.
- You will be based primarily at our Stevenage R&D site, and will travel regularly to the GSK Headquarters in Brentford.
- You must have a Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Biology background (at least 2:1 or 1st class degree), with Immunology knowledge being an advantage.
- We will consider new graduates and part-qualified trainees (i.e. 1-3 years relevant experience in a patent trainee role having passed the UK foundation level examinations or equivalent).
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a desire and commitment to training as a UK and EP patent attorney. We are looking for a team player with strong interpersonal, negotiating, analytical and problem-solving skills, with exceptional written and spoken English and attention to detail. You must be passionate about science and medical innovation.
To find out more and apply, click the button below and search for Job Requisition number 235244Visit Website for More Information and to Apply