G2 Legal are currently seeking a talented part qualified/newly qualified Chemistry Patent Attorney specialising in pharmaceuticals. Our client is a prestigious IP law firm, committed to delivering exceptional legal services to clients in various industries. The team in which they are looking to add to is based in Manchester, this team is full of dedicated professionals who provide strategic guidance and excellent advice on all patent related matters and ensure that they exceed client expectations. This opportunity offers a great work/life balance, alongside a great chance for professional growth and a competitive salary package.
- Collaborate with clients to understand their inventions and technologies in the field of chemistry.
- Conduct comprehensive patent searches to identify relevant prior art and assess patentability.
- Analyse scientific literature, technical documents, and research findings to evaluate the novelty and inventive step of inventions.
- Prepare and draft patent applications, ensuring clarity, accuracy, and compliance with legal requirements.
- Attend meetings with clients, legal teams, and patent offices to discuss patent-related matters and provide strategic advice.
- Stay updated with industry trends, legal developments, and technological advancements in the pharmaceutical field.
- Part-Qualified or Newly Qualified Patent Attorney, specializing in Chemistry with a focus on Pharmaceuticals.
- Strong academic background, holding a degree in Chemistry or a related field.
- Excellent understanding of patent law, procedures, and practices, with practical experience in patent drafting and prosecution.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and the regulatory landscape.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex scientific concepts effectively.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to balance multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- A commitment to maintaining a healthy work-life balance and promoting a positive team culture.