Forresters IP LLP is a leading full service intellectual property firm with an international client base. We have offices located in Birmingham, Liverpool, London, Munich and Southampton. Since being established in 1884, we have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite our long history we are a young firm with a fresh approach to our clients’ requirements and employee career progression. We are rated as one of the leading intellectual property firms in the UK. Our London presence has just been relocated to new offices in the Gherkin.
The successful candidate will join Forresters’ thriving patent groups in our London office and will train in handling all aspects of patents and registered designs. The candidate will assist in protecting inventions across a wide range of fields, including all areas of biological and medical sciences, such as molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
On-the-job training will be given by partners and other fully qualified senior attorneys, as well as through external training courses. The aim is for the candidate to become fully qualified European and UK patent attorneys.
- A 2:1 degree or above in one of the subjects above (or similar) is required.
- You must be capable of working both independently and as part of a team, have organisational skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You must possess a commitment to quality and attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Start date: September 2022 or earlier
- Very competitive salary
- A pleasant, supportive and friendly working environment
- Smart casual dress code
- Flexible working – core hours
- 35 hour week
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance cover
- Business Travel Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mutual pension contribution of up to 5%
After successful completion of probationary period
- Health Cash plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
Forresters is an Equal Opportunities employer and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity in the IP profession, which is why we have signed up to the IP Inclusive Charter.
To apply, please send your CV and a short cover letter by 1st February 2022. Please state in the cover letter your salary expectations and if you have the right to work in the UK. Please also tell us if you have a preferred location to work in.
Please strictly no agencies